Saturday, June 21, 2008

GOOD NEWS ONLY, PLEASE!

As promised, I will be compiling my list of Good News contributions.

Please feel free to add yours by adding a comment at the end!

GOOD NEWS ONLY PLEASE!

1. Got a call from my son today and we are going to have another grandchild due at Christmas!!!!!!!! Yipeeeee. That's number 6.

Valerie DeGray
2. My son, Ryan, just took his 1st driving lesson today and did a fantastic job! He’s a cautious kid and he will be a great driver.
I booked a wonderful trip to Spain recently for 3 family members traveling together at the end of June, 2008. I have an inquiry in a villa/vacation rental in Ireland for one of my past clients. I wrote an article for an adventure travel company that was sent out to their data base of hundreds. Hopefully, this will give me some business.
I returned from my Italy and Greece vacation about a month ago and had a fabulous time. I look forward to giving you all a short presentation at our next TPV meeting so I can share everything about it with you. In our industry – there’s nothing like first hand experience to then impart to your client’s….Just remember…don’t give away the farm – you are a consultant and you deserve to get paid for your time and knowledge of destinations.
I gave my 10 minute presentation to my business networking group yesterday and created interest from one member wanting to go to Australia and another member requesting help for his daughter’s honeymoon next year.
Every week I try to call at least 10 past clients just to ‘touch base’ and keep my name in front of them so they will remember me next time they are ready to go on vacation.
That’s my good news for now. More next time!
Jan Mauer
3. What a great idea to have something good to read instead of the usual depressing stuff.

I am continuing to recover nicely from my spinal fusion surgery (March 5) and have been back to my full time job at the high school for a month now. My son got married on May 17th!!! It was an absolutely beautiful garden ceremony and the reception was so much fun. Now my full attention is on my daughter's upcoming wedding which is planned for March 28, 2009.

Once again I was elected to be a NJ representative for the National Education Association. Each year our annual meeting is hosted by a different state, this year it is in Washington, DC. It lasts for a week and is always over the Fourth of July. I am going to go a day early so that I can try to sightsee a bit while there.

I have 2 small groups cruising on RCCL this month. I am working currently working on putting together some excursions for my annual November cruise group. I am planning the Pre-cruise party and transportation for this group as well. Although I escort this group each year, which is work, it is lots of fun, too.


Cathy Pietras
4. Good News from the business front:
a. Michael Jordan Travel is ceasing operations. Guess they couldn’t recruit enough minority franchisees to make it work
b.. Carnival is reducing their Personal Vacation Planner Program, therefore leaving more open for travel agent sales.
5. Good news........I only have to work one day at my other job next week because the doctor will be on vacation (normally I work Wed and Thurs).........tomorrow Tommy and I are going to the city to see "Young Frankenstein", matinee, and we will walk around, have dinner, probably find an Irish pub like Kennedy's or the Pig 'n Whistle (he can only handle one Guinness, maybe two, poor boy)...........we got a new washer and dryer, front loaders, hopefully we'll save on water and electric..........even though my usual clients are not booking now, it has given me time to devote to other things..........I am thankful for air conditioning and ceiling fans............Tommy and I are going to St Lucia the end of July because I won 6 nights there............these may seem trivial (maybe not the last one) to some, but they are important to me!
--
Mary McGrath
6. On a personal note: Praise God my stitches from the Carpal Tunnel Surgery came out Tuesday. The doc said if I keep exercising the way I have, I will not have to go to physical therapy. Yeah! Each day or two, I get a little more movement & strength in my hand. The really cool news is that the pain is gone from my right hand. That is truly amazing! (and I have not had to wash a dish in a few weeks.) I am scheduled for my left hand's surgery on the 26Th of June. Then I will really be out of commission. Oh no! Erin will really be in trouble. Anyone for the beach? Let me know. I will be ready by July 1 and don't have to return to work til August. Come on down! Erin graduated from Stockton College with her Bachelors in Social Work. She is off to Stony Brook University on Long Island in August to work on her Masters in Social Work.
On a business note: Since I have been home on disability I have booked 4 cabins on Carnival for August. They are past clients who enjoyed their cruise and are looking forward to going this year. Last time they cruised, one person in the group won the BINGO Jackpot. I also have been approached to do some meeting planning work. Who says people aren't traveling? I am looking forward to the October Sail Promotion TPV will be putting out. I am getting my client mailing list cleaned up and ready to go.
Karen Haber

No comments: